Service Projects for Groups
Including professional, social, youth and support groups
Community groups of any size, age or focus can participate in hand-tying blankets for cancer patients. All groups including scouts, high schools, and rotary clubs are welcome to hand-tie blankets.
Girl Scouts can earn their Bronze or Silver Community Service badge by organizing and participating in a YANA Cancer Comfort blanket-tying event. They can make blankets for kids or for adults.
The care packages, which include the no-sew fleece blankets, can be delivered locally to a cancer treatment center, hospital oncology center or cancer support group of the community group’s choice.
Blanket Material Provided:
YANA Cancer Comfort no-sew fleece material comes pre-cut
- Blankets are 5x5 feet
- 2 pieces of fleece material make the no sew blankets
- One solid color and one patterned color
- How to make a no sew blanket
Time Frame: 2-4 hours
How to estimate blankets needed:
- 1 blanket per person per hour
- - Best if 4 or 8 people work on each side of the blanket at the same time
- Example: 30 people 2 hours would make 60 blankets